Sunday, February 24, 2013

243

That's an indirect reminder to myself that I have a day job.  As in:  "This is your living, Sherlock, not 240 types of tobacco ash."  "243." (fires up blowtorch).

Would you prefer the alternative?  I was told, in a tweak to my contract in order to preserve some vestige of my sanity (not to mention time to get my hands dirty at the drafting table), that I would get Tuesdays off.  Which gave me two luxuries to brood over in my walks: the loveliness of said days off and the hour of my death.  Keats again, (partly) paraphrased this time, and I suspect the latter will happen first.  This Tuesday will make 3 in a row that I've had to work anyway.  I begin to despair of Tuesdays (which comment, incidentally, sounds like a caption for Raiden, aka Mournful Cat).

But where was I?  Right, speaking of Tuesdays, this is the hat I'm working on last-minute for Knots of Love, and that I promised to drop off at the knitting table at Knit 'n Purl on Tuesday evening.  Still will even if I have to dash over from clinic before the store closes, speeding all the way (I can only assume there are no police officers reading this blog).  I suppose I'll have to finish it by tomorrow night instead of joining the knitting circle on my deadline date.  Well, keeping it cat-hair-free will now become an interesting proposition.  If you'd like a copy of the pattern for your own knitterly edification, you can find it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment