Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pinch me

...I'm, well, definitely not Irish.  Actually it was going to be "kick me," but that would hurt more.  Probably.  No, I'm not actually asking to be physically abused, I'm just attempting to get into the St. Patrick's Day weekend spirit like my North Myrtle Beach cohabitants.  It's a little odd.  Example: bagpipers warming up behind the sea oats.  In kilts.

And on the crafting front, I have acquired new yarn.  And a new project.  This is what happens after adventures in corned beef and cabbage.  Well, I thought I'd be a good little chef and sear the beef before tossing it into the crock pot.  Not accounting for the fact that meat juice plus hot oil equals a lot of flying hot oil.  So, nursing a stained blouse and a rather nifty pattern of burns on my forearm, I betook myself to the yarn shop to finish a second Knots of Love hat (which, unlike cooking, is something I can count on being able to do consistently).  And to celebrate finishing said hat, I bought the yarn.  It was this beautiful art deco blue and it was calling to me.  Specifically it was calling to me to make it into the Holden Shawlette (see the Knit 'n Purl website for the pattern, or better yet, visit the store :)).  Which now gives me...3 knitting projects on the to-do list, along with a couple of dresses, a steampunk costume, and possibly an apron on the sewing front.  The apron would be if I decide to hand-make a present for wedding number 3 within 12 months.  Wedding number 3?  Seriously?  At least I'm not a bridesmaid?

Wait, where was I?  Anyhoo, I shall leave you with the following image from my Tumblr...account...thingy (mournfulcat.tumblr.com).  Because it's a poetry kind of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment