Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Procrastination in progress

Live and learn, and then sew Daleks!  Or just sew Daleks, as the case may be.  I think this one's a bit less melted-into-the-armchair than the original image, but it doesn't look too bad, does it?  TV, bulletin board, and logo to go.  That'll be the really tricky part (the board, not the logo--white backstitch over blue cross-stitch for the TARDIS blueprint just might be the death 'o me, but we'll find that out in due time).  Also probably should start snooping around for a new digital camera: mine has an appetite for batteries to rival my cat's appetite for cat food (and human food and any other food she spies with her little kitty eye--no, Raiden, you can't eat that!).  Anyways, since I hadn't posted a picture since before I gave my friend his comfy chair, popcorn, and beer--can they even eat popcorn and beer, and if so, through what orifice?--I figured no time like the present.

On a side note, I finally got around to checking out my friend the Desultory Knitter's suggestion of Dalek washcloths (well, we're on the subject, after all), and it seems a worthy pursuit...with a few small provisions.  First, it's simple enough to do at work, but that'll be interesting to try to explain to people--pair of gloves it ain't.  Second, I think I'd actually stitch "Exfoliate! Exfoliate!" onto the thing just for giggles, which might kick up the difficulty a notch.  Third, for those of you who know me, the Dalek would probably be the tip of the iceberg; before you know it I'd have the whole collector's set crankin' out on the needles (Cybermen, I'm lookin' at you).  And then I'd have copyright law sitting squarely on my hindquarters.  Hmm...maybe better not.  Like I said, live and learn, and then sew Daleks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment