Monday, February 3, 2014

Rule #408

Because if time were the boss of me, I'd be at work, up to my eyeballs in catching up after the ice storm.  Incidentally, I don't know my February schedule because the copy I should've picked up is in the office I didn't hydroplane my front-wheel-drive light-as-air hatchback over to all last week.  Flying blind.  Liberating, really.

On the other hand, since I've had literally nowhere to go for the past week (blame the ice, the rain, or the fact that they've closed down a bunch of the public parking lots at the beach for the foreseeable future), I've been catching up on knitting.  Now, excuse me while I untangle myself from about 8 separate strands of yarn and 4 extra long dpns and post pictures.

 Yes, help, I'm buried in projects!  By the way, this is Wavewalker, version 2.  For version 1, see post #70 (I think?).  Different provisional cast-on this time around, going to see if it makes a difference because I always find myself picking stitches out one at a time to reveal the live working edge on a crochet cast-on.  Slowly.  And in the right order (if I'm lucky).  Also, really need to stop knitting to Doctor Who.  Sand lattice should never take 2 hours for 3-3/4 repeats.  Mostly due to confusion over the initial slip stitch (this version, sl knitwise, and I think it looks better).  That and I can't stop quoting the Doctor now, except for a couple of detours into Sherlock, at which point I finally gave up and threw the yarn back in the bag.

What we have here on the bottom is one of my favorite baby knitty.com patterns, Haiku.  Mind you I've never made one of these before, by which I mean actual cardigans of any persuasion, so I'm literally flying by the seat of my pants (OK, not literally, worst English major evar, etc., forget the banana and the Cup o' Soup).  I love that it's more like a set of math problems than a strict pattern.  This could be good.  Or...was I any good at math in school?  Mistake #1: casting on an odd number to make gauge.  But hell, I'm stubborn, I'll make it work!
So, in other news, I found the beach yesterday.  Had to park a few miles north of my usual spot and risk life and limb and suppress a bit of road rage to do it.  *Sigh,* it's been a long winter.  What'd that pesky groundhog have to say for itself?

No comments:

Post a Comment