Saturday, November 19, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Nov--argh!

Hello again and welcome to my too-busy-to-blog blog!  No, I haven't disappeared off the face of the earth, and neither has my knitting (although...2 or more weeks after finishing my awesomely awesome red lace scarf, and I have neither pictures nor matching fingerless gloves--really, what gives?).  Oh, all right, that's a slight exaggeration: 1 glove is nearly done, just missing some really quick and easy to make stockinette fingers.  For second glove, though, to do it justice, I really need to play around with reversing the "Wheat in the Wind" lace pattern.  Well, it seems easy enough, and I did just sort of play the increases for the thumb gusset completely by ear on the first glove and managed not to screw up too badly, so what's the worst that could happen?

I'll tell you the worst that could happen.  It could still remain stubbornly not made, that's what!  November, November, what will I do wi' ye?  Halloween/All Saints' Day found me captaining a group of interns on the always-unpredictable Neurology floor.  While we won the Halloween costume contest (Clue! We look adorable! Or is it adorkable?), we weren't exactly winning prizes for light workload.  Note to self: night shifts provide way more time for clandestine knitting.  Then, on top of that, let's add the threat of USMLE Step 3 looming (day after Thanksgiving--woohoo).  Additionally, I'll mention that November is National Novel Writing Month (nanowrimo, for those in the know), and I'm a glutton for a good story idea--can't resist, know I have a problem, not contemplating changing it.  And lastly, factor in a 6-year-old laptop that finally decided to do the expected thing and crap out for good (sure, it's only a ball-bearing in the fan, but is it even worth sending to the factory to replace at 6 years out?  How 'bout no?).  So...nearly 3 weeks into the month, and the score is 1 scarf, 3/4 of a glove, 8,000 words (goal is 50,000 by the end of the month), no USMLE studying, and a new laptop.  Who da man?  Um...not this chick.

No comments:

Post a Comment