Sunday, January 27, 2013

Because, because, because

Also in the spirit of who reads this blog anyway, a little test post.  After all, I did start it up under a name that was a Doctor Who reference.  By the way, in real life I'm still working on a collection/book of poems titled "7th and Ocean."  My first book of poetry is called "Spring Cleaning," it's published by Xlibris, and I'd appreciate some customers to contribute to my early-retirement-from-medicine-'cause-it's-killing-me-by-inches-literally fund.  And for more interdimensional storytelling, my other blog is princess-rory.blogspot.com.  Enjoy, my 2 readers and 15 random computers/robots!

The Ballad of River and the Doctor
(for Steve with a thousand curses)

The path of love was never straight and narrow:
I've known it since I stopped you in my sights.
Long gone today, crashing into tomorrow,
You'll count the days, and I'll tally the nights.

I've waited till the heavens dimmed their lights,
I've flown to you unerring as an arrow.
With you I've tipped the scales and set to rights.
I've stolen what I only sought to borrow.

In victory, in pain, in joy, in sorrow,
In stalwart charges and in desperate flights,
I'm there, that twinge, that tingling in the marrow,
That urge to further reaches, greater heights.

And when you've saved the worlds and fought the fights,
I'm there to see you fall, the poisoned arrow
Sharpened in secret through the lonely nights
In this gray cell, without you dank and narrow.

You see, even my love is tinged with sorrow,
Regrets, betrayals, fates and reverse plights.
The butterfly may flap its wings tomorrow
And bring us back into each other's sights.

I see you dancing on the Northern Lights:
What's time to us but a poor good to borrow?
The worlds could end if you stayed in my sights:
I've missed you in my very air-tight marrow.

But call, my love: I'll come like a loosed arrow.
The path of love was never straight and narrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment