Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Chopstick power!

Remember back in October when I set out a certain challenge for myself involving chopsticks?  Eh, that's okay, I don't remember the details either.  But I think it was something along the lines of "I bet I could do an advanced-beginner washcloth on chopsticks to prove you don't need 'real' knitting needles to knit something cool."  That said, since I haven't posted anything in almost a month, it's close to the holiday season, and I have something--well, not pretty, but kind of awesome--to show off...

Yes, I know it's not finished yet.  Pbbt!

 For the record, that is my couch cushion and the keyboard to my new laptop, and those are honest to goodness chopsticks.  Actually they're kind of the nice-ish bamboo ones you get from the Chinese supermarket.  Good for cooking, eating, and, apparently in a pinch, knitting.
By the way, bobbles are still a bit tricky with blunt-tipped "needles," and try not to swear a blue streak if you're going to be using Lionbrand Jiffy: the fuzz problem is part of the charm on a finished project.  And, um, right-side-purl letters don't really show up so well.  Drat, there is a purpose to color-work after all...

And for those of you in the know, yes, I realize this yarn is actually a rather lovely TARDIS blue.  My few remaining brain cells are, in fact, plotting their next move.

In the meantime, happy knitting season--I mean holidays!--and don't forget to EXFOLIATE!

No comments:

Post a Comment