Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Breaking the Silence (OK Not Really)

Not, in fact, a political post. The family of one of my ex-boyfriends used to troll me on Facebook by calling me Taylor Swift, not a compliment (no offense, Taylor, I actually quite loved the Red album!), because I tend to...write what I know. So, socioeconomic language aside, this is really more a poem about the men I know.

A Luxury

I'm the woman you
tell your shrink about:
the one who should
be madder than a loon
but isn't
because she can't:
one of those who,
watching you brunch
bottomlessly on breakdowns,
Roman orgy on defeat,
steam in your saunas
of self-pity, observes how
letting go is a disease
for those who can
afford the taste
and find it, richly,
to their liking.

Now, speaking of putting a bit of myself into the things I make, my next knitting pattern (to be Ravelried sometime in the Christmas season) is also about relationships. Don't let that put you off, though, it's also a lace half-pi shawl that, if all goes well, may turn out gorgeous and help those of you needing to blow off some scraps from a stash.

Because, apparently, moving on is the theme of the day?

It's that or being Cinna from the Hunger Games series...

No comments:

Post a Comment