Saturday, June 30, 2012

Adventures in lace knitting, part 3

OK, I admit it: I'm a glutton for punishment.  No, really?!?  But sometimes, just sometimes, you find that one seemingly insurmountable challenge that truly spurs you on to bigger and better things.  This was one of those challenges.  Yes, the Aeolian shawl.  Subject of at least one knit-along that I know of.  Its inventor is considered in more...seasoned?...circles to be a master of her craft, a magician with Estonian lace, a priestess of the sacred order thereof.  Or something like that.  What do I know?  Well, I do know that, worked up in a deep crimson true laceweight alpaca with matched beads, the pattern is breathtakingly beautiful.  I intend to adapt it to the round for sweater sleeves one day.  By the way, in case we've never met before, that is probably the highest compliment I can pay to someone in the knitting world.  After all, imitation--or shameless reproduction, as the case may be--is the sincerest form of flattery.  So take it for what it is, and enjoy the lovely pictures that should follow.  You know, eventually.
Oh, all right.  Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment