Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Adventures in lace knitting, part 2-3/4

And I think that's actually quite possibly the last of it.  "It" being awesome TARDIS shawl.  You know, I never thought I'd say it, but this could do with some blocking.  I officially eat my metaphorical hat.
I said "hat," not "cat," Raiden!

So what next for this yarn warrior (or weakling)?  Well, the Aeolian shawl, for starters.  I am now officially past the first 4 Yucca repeats, and I've only irretrievably lost 2 beads to the great void and had to fudge about 4 stitches or non-stitches where they didn't belong.  And the lace is, well, lace, and surprisingly forgiving.  Could even get used to this.  Let's not push it.

Also joining the project queue: new stash of heavy lace-weight (actually I'd probably put it about fingering or sock weight, but what do I know?) hunter-green merino that really wants to be a sweater.  Have I made a sweater before?  Prob'ly not.  Since when has that ever stopped me?  Now, ideally this will be a 1930s-inspired tunic-length deal with lace sleeves...assuming I don't run out of yarn while literally covering my behind.  Only time and knitting will tell.  Which means you'll just have to stay tuned.  You know, only if you want to.  Till we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment