Tuesday, August 23, 2011

PROCRASTINATE

So...perhaps a little background about this first sewing project, lest it seem like cross-stitching sci-fi villains is my usual cup o' tea.  Well, obviously I am a huge "Doctor Who" fan, so when a friend of mine showed me the "procrastinate" image, my first thought, naturally, was "Dude, I should totally make a cross-stitch of this!"  Yes, probably in so many words.  Never mind that my complete experience with cross-stitch has been a couple of those counted kits on the sale racks at the local craft store.  Also never mind that I'm a piss-poor draftsman (draftswoman? draftsperson?) and am punctuating my efforts with a vocabulary I wouldn't be caught dead spewing at work and using my counted pattern as more of a guideline, really.  It just looks REALLY COOL!  I'm sewing a Dalek!  *sniff*  My life is complete.  Think I'll post progress on this one periodically, but luckily there are pics of other (less time-consuming) projects that I can toss about in the meantime.  Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment