Monday, December 30, 2013

Something old, something new...

No, I'm not referring to another wedding.  Though there have been obscenely many in the past year.  Heaven forbid, it'd be me next, and I don't think I could stand a man long enough to agree to live with him for the rest of my life and/or bear his children.  Not unless he's like one of my fictional character crushes.  Perhaps I'd better not comment.

But no, I'm referring to the end of the year.  Ever notice that there's a lot of somethings at the close of the calendar year?  Something old ending, something new taking its place, definitely something blue about all that.  And borrowed.  Well, I always meant to give that camera back, but Christmas present it is, and now with a plethora of picture-taking devices at my disposal I'm in search of a finished project.  And there have been many...attempts.

Due to a lack of photogenic items, I'm including progress notes on this familiar "beauty," taken with new camera number 1 aka new new camera (number 2 being new old borrowed camera, naturally).


 Yes, I know that's a lot of the same shot, but I was playing with macros.  So much to learn, so little time and patience.  Maybe my sister's right about the whole ADHD runs in our family hypothesis.
 Anyhoo, I suspect Daleks may figure into at least one of my upcoming projects, but the one I'm thinking of will have to stay under wraps for the next several months.  So will the sand dollars.  Bollocks.  Let's talk hats.









Hats?  Why hats?  Because, frankly, by the grace of a last-minute gift idea swap, I was spared the frustration of handing my dad a somewhat limp and lifeless version of a driving cap.  Many of you have probably had a fair amount of success with the Morgan cap from Knitty.  As for me, I found the short row brim/peak/thingy conducive to one thing: holes.  My edges had a tendency to resemble Swiss cheese.  Mmmm...French onion soup with melted Swiss.  So on that note, for my next hat, I plan to play around with double-knit.  I've done it before with iPod holders and the like, so it could work.  Besides, as my sister pointed out...
Sis: "You can hide quite a lot in a double knit..."
Me: "Without shaving your head.  Or loosening your sphincters."
Oh, I'm sure she only meant yarn ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment