Saturday, June 15, 2013

fruity custardy tarty things!


 
And other distractions from knitting, I should say.  Well, there's only so much time one can spend stuck on the couch with laceweight merino before the stir-craziness hits.  Or the hand cramps.  Or the Charlie horses.  Besides, it's nice being able to work in a medium where the worst case scenario involves eating the screw-ups.  So, um, behold my attempt to combine pastry crust, fruit, and custard into something vaguely edible (above).  One day they might even turn out pretty.  Though I'll settle for not being impossible to pry out of their tinfoil casings.  Then maybe the recipe would be worth disseminating.

In other news, apparently plastic to-go dishes can double as decor.  Just add water, knockout roses too short to go in a vase, and tea-lights, and voila instant elegance.  And I'd been wondering what to do with my living room to make it look more me and less previous occupants.  Fun with flowers and fire, apparently.  Yeah, wut?

Oh, and I promise I'm actually making progress on lace sleeve.  Pictures to follow.  Meanwhile, have some soothing music or something...
I kid, but I did manage to snap some decent photos at the Bellagio in Vegas the other weekend, so at least you might enjoy the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment