Saturday, December 29, 2012

Project Wibble

Hello again.  Christmas over and new project flying not-so-stealth on the needles.  I dub it Project Wibble, because how else do you pronounce WIBL?  Observe: hat and mittens for Grandpa in China-->"Warm face, warm hands, warm feet" (sort of)-->"Wouldn't it be loverly"-->WIBL.  Yeah, my brain works in mysterious ways.  Sometimes even G-rated.  It's actually kind of boring (Project Wibble, I mean, not my brain), and I'm suffering from second sock syndrome like you wouldn't believe.  Does anybody besides my mother care precisely how many rows of 2x2 ribbing I crank out for the (pick up and knit bottom stitches to form double-thickness) cuff or where I start the thumb gusset or how long I make the stockinette section?  Maybe I should've started with the hat.  "Manly" beanie with ribbed edge?  OK, maybe not.  At least there's a deadline...which unfortunately means my lace projects (auction shawl, 30s-inspired tunic sweater) are relegated once again to the metaphorical back burner.  And again with the Tetris game that is my mental to-do list.  Really need to do a memory dump one day, reorganize my priorities, separate the wheat from the chaff and figure out what I actually want to do with that traveling shovel.  I think a STL Nano might have groaned at that one.

By the way, what in the world have I done with my "Procrastinate" cross-stitch?  Dalek on the loose?  Run for your lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment